When it comes to identity theft, and how to improve credit score it is sometimes one of the major reasons so many people are left figuring out how to fix bad credit and how to fix bad credit scores because someone else used their credit and messed it up after they stole their identity. Which is becoming more and more common believe it or not it can really ruin your life. So let us continue talking about credit card protection measures and just simple ideas that you can do to protect yourself on an everyday basis.
For Identity theft to become more revealing, and also decrease the amount of fraud risk it is recommended to try these simple procedures:
1. Regularly monitor your account, also you should be convinced that all operations are authorized. Most people just get the statements in the mail toss it aside stick with the rest of the stuff they get and it just piles up and eventually just piles up. I have even been guilty of it where I did not pay attention the fees and just tore off the stub to make the payment wrote the check and sent off. But then one day I took my time only to be really pissed off on some fees that I had no idea were there and that I authorized them. So take the time to check your statements, they do send them to you for a reason.
2. Use a service to notify you by e-mail or text, for address modification or large purchasing. This service usually is offered by most banks. Check the e-mail regularly. Many banks or credit cards or your investment accounts will offer you this service free of charge if they charge you might want to open your account somewhere else it should be free there is no reason why it shouldn’t it protects everyone.
3. Attentively look through accounts of payment and reports from banks. This is a little bit of a rehash of the first tip but it does not hurt to remind you again check your statements especially your bank statements and credit card statements.
4. Check your credit. I have no idea how many times I have said this but this is the most important thing out of anything is to know what is appearing on your credit. I have known people have credit cards used in their name and they never even knew because the other person was paying on time. Or using their identity in another state and having a life in their name and credit and they were paying the bills. Your credit report will show you everything that is coming up on your name including the addresses that you have used or are using when you apply for stuff. YOU can get a free credit report once a year by visiting www.AnnualCreditReport.com.
5. Consider signing up for credit monitoring. For the best protection, be convinced that services perform monitoring of all three cores of credit bureaus. This is becoming to be a very popular business where they will notify you anytime someone runs your credit or a new account is opened up even if its you doing it so that way you know what is going on. But just make sure they cover all the 3 big agencies, Transunion , Equifax, Experian.
If you have found out that you happen to be a victim of identity theft it is necessary to do the following actions:
1. Notify the bank, the credit card company immediately, by phone and in writing and make sure you state in the letter the circumstances to the best of your knowledge.
2. Close any accounts which you think may be in jeopardy and compromised as soon as possible.
3. Consult your bank about their policies of how they handle victims of identity theft to help you to solve and overcome any potential losses.
4. Get a copy of your credit report of all three credit bureaus, you want to report a fraud alert on your credit . It will act 90 days from the date of registration, it won’t allow other creditors to use your name without preliminary identification. During these 90 days you also can subscribe for a longer period of time ?.
6. File a police report as soon as possible they will not be able to do much but its good to have a record that you have reported and it can help your case in fighting any charges that are not yours when they come collecting for money that you did not use.
7. You also can also file a report to the federal trade commission and report that you have been a victim of identity theft as well.
So now you know exactly what to do and how to act in case you happen to be a victim of identity theft as well as some precautions you can use as well. Just be careful and attentive as it will help you to prevent any bad situation with your credit cards, credit history and your personal money.
And for those people having credits the matter of credit report monitoring is as urgent now as never before. It is not only about loan monitoring, this also allows to save money, time, and nerves and be quick in solving loan related issues. Those who are searching for a place where to learn about credit report with score, are welcomed to go to this credit report monitoring site – there is much information about credit monitoring and how to order that service.
Today we live in the world where information makes life easier.
That is why if you are properly armed with the knowledge you will always find the solution to any bad situation. So, please make sure to visit this web site on a regular basis or – the easiest way to take care of it – sign up to its RSS. In such an easy way you will have your hand on the pulse of the freshest info updates about topics like credit cards, business loans, and more.
The importance of your score will become very apparent when you apply for a loan whether it be to buy a home or a car loan. Even credit cards will charge someone double the amount of interest to someone with bad credit vs someone with good credit. If you want to have your dream home within reach and an affordable car loan best thing is to keep your credit score healthy. If your score is not at its best then the best thing to do is to get your score up you just need to do the work and learn the systems. What ever system you use to help you improve your credit keep in mind it well require you to learn a few things and require work on your part but it is do able, and learning how to improve credit can be a reality for you if you are willing to learn and do some work.